Friday, April 20, 2012

3 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake

Need a super easy recipe for a delicious dessert that can be made from just 3 ingredients in less than 10 minutes? I love this easy cheesecake recipe. I made it for dinner tonight, and I can't believe it's been so long since I made it because it is super delicious and so easy.


I've had this recipe in my stash of go to favorites for more than 10 years. I think I originally found it in a magazine in an advertisement for Philadelphia Cream Cheese. I often make this dish in the summer because it's a no-bake recipe, but it would be tasty any time of the year.


Tonight we enjoyed this cheesecake as individual desserts served in my pink pedestal glasses, but I usually make it in a pie plate. I took dinner to the two priests at our church and brought them each an individual dessert cup. I made my own graham cracker crumb crust and just divided the crumbs among the individual serving glasses instead of using a ready-to-use graham cracker crust. You can also double the recipe and put it in a 9 x 13 pan. It makes a wonderful potluck dessert. We topped our cheesecake tonight with my homemade blueberry topping, but you could top it with any flavor pie filling, fresh fruit, or even a drizzle of chocolate or caramel. It's so light and fluffy, you could just eat it plain! My 11 year old asked if she could have the leftovers for breakfast!


Here's the recipe:


3 Ingredient No Bake Cheesecake
1 pkg low fat cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 tub low fat Cool Whip


1. Mix cream cheese and sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
2. Gently stir in whipped topping.
3. Spoon into prepared graham cracker crust.
4. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
5. Top with fresh fruit or canned pie filling.


You can also use the full fat versions, but I'm all for saving calories when
and where I can! You'll never notice the difference!


If you need an easy graham cracker crust recipe, here's what I use.


Graham Cracker Crust
1 pkg graham crackers, crushed (18 square crackers or 9 rectangle crackers)
1/2 stick melted butter
1/3 cup sugar


1. Mix together melted butter and sugar.
2. Stir in cracker crumbs until mixed.
3. Press in bottom of pie plate or divide between individual serving dishes.
4. Spoon pie filling over crust.


What's your favorite 3 ingredient recipe?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill, That recipe sounds amazing!

    I've got a simple cheesecake recipe which I reckon could challenge that! I couldn't see an email address on the site, but pop me one (thomas.etherington@uk.mediacontacts.com) and I'll forward it to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This cheescake is so amazing :) i just made it for my boyfriends moms birthday :D

    ReplyDelete